1. All parents must complete a GDPR form and a Registration Form when joining the school with clear information regarding emergency contacts and any relevant medical history.
2. A copy of primary and emergency contact numbers will be kept on class registers.
3. It is the parent’s responsibility to notify the school of any changes to their emergency contact details
4. In case of a fire emergency all teachers have a clear understanding of procedures to follow.
5. The School will undertake regular assessment of risks regarding our premises and any concerns will be raised with the owners.
6. It is the school’s responsibility to keep a fully equipped First Aid Box within the building. In case of an incident the parent/guardian will be informed.
7. All teachers are required to have up to date First Aid training and certificate can be provided on request.
8. If required the school will contact the emergency services first, then the parent / guardian of the student(s) involved by the telephone number on the class registers.
9. Parents understand that dance is an active sport and injuries can happen. The school accepts no responsibility for injuries sustained via any means other than a teacher’s negligence.
10. Pupils will be supervised during class time only and parents / carers must ensure the safety of their children in the car park, waiting, changing and toilet areas.
11. Children are not permitted in the kitchen area at any time.
12. Students/parents or guardians should inform the teacher of any special health considerations or existing injuries before participating in class
13. Parents must be responsible for ensuring your child’s punctuality.
14. Shoes must be worn when using the toilet facilities.
15. Pupils should not wear any jewellery that may pose a risk to themselves or others
16. No child will be allowed to leave the studio with anyone other than a parent unless confirmed with teacher prior to class either verbally or via email.
We are committed to reviewing our policies and procedures annually.
This policy was created on 1st September 2018.