The purpose of this policy is to protect children and young people who receive our services. To provide staff with the overarching principles that guide our approach to child protection. We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people and to keep them safe.
1. All teachers are fully qualified with accreditation from appropriate bodies.
2. All teachers are regularly trained in First Aid.
3. All staff coming into contact with children and young people hold an enhanced DBS check.
4. We recognise that all children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
5. Working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
6. We will ensure all necessary checks are made when recruiting staff and volunteers.
7. The nature of teaching dance means that teachers will on occasion need to physically adjust and guide bodies using ‘hands on’ correction in a professional manner.